Salmon currySubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Follow our quick coconut salmon curry recipe for an easy Thai midweek meal - on the table in 30 minutes
- 1 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste, we used Thai Taste
- 1 x 400g tin lighter coconut milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bashed, or 1 tsp lemongrass paste
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, cut into 5cm chunks
- 2 x 250g pouches precooked Thai jasmine rice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ x 31g pack coriander
Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the curry paste. Stir and fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
Stir in the coconut milk and lemongrass, then bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes until thickened.
Add the beans, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in 200ml boiling water, then nestle the salmon in the sauce. Cover and cook for 4 minutes until the fish is done and the beans tender. Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
Season the curry with the fish sauce and lime juice to taste, discard the lemongrass stalk (if using) and scatter with the coriander. Top with sliced green chilli, if you have some.