Makes 35 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 50g Brazil nuts
- 175g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g soft unsalted butter
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- 50g white chocolate, melted
Make a few days ahead and store in an airtight container. Or freeze the dough stars and bake from frozen
- In a food processor, blitz the Brazil nuts. Add the flour, caster sugar and butter and pulse to a large crumb texture.
- Turn out and work together until you have a dough. Form the dough into a disk and wrap in clingfilm. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough to about 5mm thick between 2 sheets of baking paper (this makes it easier). Stamp out stars with a 5cm star cutter – you'll need to do this in batches. You want about 35 stars in total.
- Transfer the stars to baking sheets lined with baking paper. Pop into the freezer for about 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool completely before transferring to wire racks.
- Pour the melted chocolate into separate piping bags. Drizzle vertical lines with the dark chocolate, leave to set slightly, then drizzle the opposite way with the white chocolate.
- If you prefer, drizzle the chocolate with a teaspoon. Leave to set completely.