Hot chocolate brownie peanut butter puddings
Makes 8 | prep 20 mins | total time 45 mins, plus cooling
- 200g dark chocolate (about 70% cocoa solids), in pieces
- 175g butter, in pieces
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 175g caster sugar
- 100g crunchy peanut butter
- 1 x 500ml tub salted peanut & caramel ice cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
You can prepare the pudding up to the end of step 3 a few hours ahead, keep the mixture in a cool place (not the fridge), then whisk the whites and add them just before you bake the puddings.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, then leave to cool slightly.
- Using an electric hand whisk or mixer, beat the egg yolks, 100g of the sugar and a pinch of salt for 3-4 minutes until pale, then whisk in the peanut butter and the chocolate and butter mixture.
- In a clean bowl and using clean whisks, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in the remaining sugar, a little at a time.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and transfer the mix to 8 individual heatproof dishes, each 150-175ml in capacity. Transfer to a large baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen, serve as soon as possible.
- Serve hot from the oven with the ice cream.