Duck and plum sauce bites
Makes 26 | prep 30 mins | total time
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 370g duck breasts, skins removed and flesh cut into 1cm strips
- 4 British gem hearts
- 5cm piece cucumber, halved and deseeded
- 4 spring onions, trimmed
- 3-4 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
Cook the duck and shred the cucumber, spring onions and chilli a few hours ahead
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, season the duck and stir-fry on high for 1-2 minutes on each side until just cooked. Cool, then thinly slice.
- Separate the lettuce leaves and trim the ends off to neaten them. Finely slice the cucumber and spring onion. Fill each lettuce leaf with a little duck, cucumber, spring onion and plum sauce. Finish with a little red chilli.