Guinness mug cake
Makes 1 cake | prep 15 mins | total time
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 40g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp Guinness or other stout
- 3 tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp full-fat cream cheese
- ½ tbsp white edible sprinkles
- Place the butter and chocolate in a 350ml microwaveable mug and microwave for 10-20 seconds until melted.
- Add the egg to the mug and beat with a fork until combined. Stir through the Guinness, then add the sugar, flour and a pinch of salt and beat again until smooth.
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes at 600W, 1 minute 45 seconds at 800W or 1 minute 30 seconds at 1000W. Leave to cool.
Tip It's important to use a microwave-safe mug, otherwise the mug can crack.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Beat the icing sugar and cream cheese together until smooth, then spread over the cooled cake, swirling with the back of a spoon. Scatter with the sprinkles to serve.