Porridge with marmalade
Serves 1 | prep 5 mins | total time
- 50g whole rolled chunky oats
- 200ml milk
- 6 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp marmalade
- 10g roughly chopped nuts, eg skin-on almonds and pistachios
You can soak the oats in the milk and water overnight; they'll cook even more quickly.
- Place the oats, milk, 100ml water and cardamom pods in a small saucepan with a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the porridge is soft and thickened.
- Remove the cardomom pods, tip the porridge into a bowl and drizzle with honey. Dollop the marmalade on top and scatter with the nuts to serve.