Green chilli and coriander omelette
Recipe photograph by Laura Edwards
Serve this omelette for brunch with hot buttered toast
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- a handful of chopped coriander, plus some small sprigs to serve
- 25g unsalted butter
- 100g crumbled vegetarian feta cheese
Step by step
- Beat the eggs and add the chilli, coriander and plenty of seasoning.
- Heat half the butter in a small nonstick frying pan (about 16-18cm across) over a high heat then quickly pour in half the egg mixture. Stir with a spatula, allowing the uncooked egg to flow into the spaces.
- When nearly set, scatter with half the feta cheese then quickly fold it in half. Cook for a minute more then slide onto a warm plate and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Scatter with a few coriander sprigs and serve immediately with hot buttered toast.