Serves 2 | prep 5 minutes | total time
- 140g vine cherry tomatoes
- 4 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon
- a splash of vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Warburtons giant crumpets, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Place the tomatoes in a small roasting tin and roast for 10-15 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon under a medium preheated grill for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy.
- Bring a deep frying pan of water to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the vinegar and carefully crack in the eggs. Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes until set but still with a soft yolk.
- Top each toasted crumpet with 2 crispy bacon rashers and a poached egg. Serve with the roasted vine tomatoes on the side and season with freshly ground black pepper.