Olive and herb loaf
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 400g Allinson strong white bread flour
- 1tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 x 7g sachet Allinson easy bake yeast
- 100g green and black olives, pitted
- 50ml olive oil
- 225ml warm water
- Mix the flour, dried herbs, salt and yeast in a bowl. Fold in the olives. Then pour over the oil and water. Mix together with a fork until a soft dough starts to form.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, this can take up to 10 minutes. Shape the dough into 2 baguettes approximately 30cm long.
- Place onto a greased baking sheet, cover with a damp tea towel. Leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Bake at 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5 for 30 minutes.