Cranberry and pumpkin seed cobb
Makes approximately 15 slices | prep 30 minutes, plus proving time of approximately 2 hours | total time
- 400g Allinson very strong wholemeal flour
- 100g Allinson strong white bread flour
- 7g Allinson easy bake yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 300ml warm water
- 75g dried cranberries
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- Mix the flours, yeast and salt in a big bowl. Add the melted butter, sugar and water, then mix in with a knife.
- Tip onto a lightly flour dusted surface and knead for 10 minutes (or use the dough hook attachment on your mixer).
- Lightly grease the mixing bowl with some oil. Put the dough back in, cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and leave to rise until doubled in size – about 2 hours depending on how warm your kitchen is.
- Knock back the dough by gently kneading in the dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds until well distributed through the dough. Shape into a round on a flour dusted baking sheet and dust the top of the loaf with some more flour.
- Cover the dough again with a clean tea towel and leave to prove until doubled in size again. Preheat your oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Flour a small, sharp knife and slash the top of the loaf in a chequerboard pattern. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until when you tap the base of the loaf it sounds hollow. Cool on a wire rack.