Serves 4 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 4 veal or pork escalopes, about 100g each
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 12 sage leaves
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml Marsala Dolce
- 25g cold unsalted butter, cubed
Prepare the escalopes to the end of step 1, cover and chill.
- Put the escalopes on a chopping board and wrap a slice of Parma ham around each one. Attach a sage leaf to each wrapped escalope with a cocktail stick.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish, add some seasoning then dip the escalopes into the flour to coat lightly, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the escalopes for 3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Just towards the end of cooking increase the temperature and add the Marsala and remaining sage leaves and simmer for about 3 minutes. Add the cubes of butter, a few at a time, stirring constantly until the butter has melted and you have a slightly thickened sauce. Serve immediately, removing the cocktail sticks before eating.
This uses thin veal escalopes that cook in no time at all but you can also use pork escalopes. Delicious with roast rosemary potatoes and seasonal vegetables.