Salmon, egg and brown rice bowls
Salmon, egg and brown rice bowlsSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
This rice bowl is filled with mood-boosting foods like oily fish, wholegrains and seaweed. The beauty of these bowls is that they’re also adaptable to your needs, and/or the veg you have at home. Add broccoli or sliced avocado and try pickling carrot or cucumber instead of radishes
- 125g brown rice
- 100g radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 150g frozen edamame beans
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce, plus extra to serve, optional
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 x 170g pack poached salmon, flaked
- 1 tbsp sushi ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 sheet half cut nori
- toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Tip the rice into a large pan of boiling water and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile toss the sliced radishes with the rice vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt and set aside to pickle. Boil the edamame for 3-4 minutes, drain and set aside.
- As soon as the rice is ready, drain, return to the pan and immediately tip in the beaten egg, tossing to coat (it will cook in the residual heat). Set aside a small handful of the sliced spring onion green tops, then stir the rest into the rice along with the soy and sesame oil.
- Divide the rice between two bowls, and top with the radishes, drizzling on the pickling liquor. Scatter on the edamame, flaked salmon, sushi ginger and reserved spring onion greens. Cut the nori in half lengthways with kitchen scissors then snip into narrow strips (like matchsticks) and scatter over the bowls. Toasted sesame seeds are delicious too. Serve with extra soy sauce if you like.