Ultimate mac’n cheese
- 400g macaroni
- 50g Yeo Valley Organic salted butter
- 30g organic plain flour
- 300ml Yeo Valley Organic semi-skimmed milk
- 100ml organic single cream
- 150g mature Cheddar, grated
- 125g organic mozzarella, torn
- 40g organic Parmesan, grated
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 30g panko breadcrumbs
- small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to the boil. Add the macaroni and cook to pack instructions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and cook out for 1 minute. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan and mustard.
Add the macaroni to the pan and stir until well coated. Season to taste, then tip into a large ovenproof dish. Scatter over the panko breadcrumbs and bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then serve garnished with the parsley.