Pasta bake with broccoli and bacon
Serves 4 | prep 25 mins | total time
- 350g penne pasta
- 250g broccoli, broken into small florets and stalk finely sliced
- 200g bacon lardons
- 200g Primula cheese
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 100g fresh coarse breadcrumbs
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 8 minutes, adding the broccoli for the final 4 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, put a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the bacon lardons until golden and crisp, then remove from the heat and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Return the pasta and broccoli to the pan, add the
Primula cheese and the reserved cooking water, then stir to combine.
- Add the bacon lardons and semi-dried tomatoes, then season to taste and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a large ovenproof dish. Scatter over the breadcrumbs and bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden and crisp.