Saucy Chocolate Puddings
Makes 6 | Serves 6 | prep 45 mins | total time
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g self-raising flour, sifted
- 20g cocoa powder, sifted
- 50g Menier white chocolate, roughly chopped
- icing sugar, to dust
For the sauce
- 125g dark brown soft sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50g Menier dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and light brown soft sugar together using a hand-held electric whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, along with the vanilla extract.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour and beat well, then fold in the remaining flour, along with the 20g cocoa and the Menier white chocolate. Divide the mixture between 6 greased ramekins.
- To make the sauce, put the dark brown soft sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa and Menier dark chocolate in a large jug and add 400ml boiling water, stirring well to mix. Divide this mixture between the dishes, carefully pouring it over the pudding mixture.
- Put the dishes on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes until risen – the sauce will form underneath the pudding. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then serve dusted with icing sugar.